From Sea to Shining Sea

Nella Sua Voluntade é Nostra Pace
-C.S. Lewis



Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Open Road


"The sun peered over the live oaks and pines as we drove down the winding country road..."

Glancing out the windows, I look into the green that flies by.  It encircles me.  Wraps me in its old, creaking arms.  I allow my mind to go; to wander.  

I reflect on the setting of Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad.  Comfort washes over me.  This land. Freedom of man.

Home of the free and land of the brave.

Like the footsteps that grace the beach, the open road offers a sense of wonder and wander.  These roads offer so many possibilities.  Some may lead to death, destruction, helplessness.  But, I am overcome with confidence, knowing that my road is protected.

God's angels live around the world.  They serve for our freedom.  

My road leads from beaches, to the open road.  Flying past trees and mountains.  Unlike Heart of Darkness, I know these are friendly forests.  My angels keep them that way.

The Few. The Proud.

I am thankful for these blessings, but as I wiz past cars, are they?  Do they not realize the great blessings?  The freedom they have been given?  The beauty of this country?   

"God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas."  And God saw that it was good." -Genesis 1:10

The beauty of God rises in front of me.  Covered in green Q-tips, the powerful essence demonstrates God's power.  Yet, I fear they do not know. 

They continue....

Driving
Driving
Driving...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment